The company were established in 2012 with the purpose to make the UK the place to commercialise Cell & Gene Therapies working in collaboration with partner based in the UK, Europe, US and Asia for example. The offer cutting edge technology, services, and capabilities to take a therapy from concept to reach patients.
They have now expanded to 3 sites with this role being based at their new Braintree facility which will be manufacturing therapies at a commercial scale and a COVID vaccine as part of the Government’s response.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role of Human Resources Manager to initially lead this site through an initial process of change as part of the leadership group. With the longer term view to build the team as the site grows, working as part of a multi-site centralised HR Team.
- Work as part of the leadership team to deliver business change activities by ensuring processes are defined, documented, and adhered to.
- Develop and execute strategy, working in conjunction with Head of HR.
- Lead a newly formed HR Team, responsibility for shaping this over time
- Oversee all HR operations on site
- Take a proactive approach to upskill and train existing staff to support career development
- Work with Recruitment BP to manage large scale recruitment
- Longer term view to manage HR operations on site and be part of leadership group for site.
This is an excellent opportunity where you will have the chance to use you skills and abilities, with an influence on activities are carried out.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- HR management experience in a generalist role and team leadership expertise
- Prior experience of working in a highly regulated environment
- Prior experience of change management and TUPE
- Preferable CIPD / MCIPD qualification