They collaborate with academia & industry, providing their expertise to take therapies across the translational gap, into the clinic and the through clinical trials. The company’s mission is to drive its growth of the sector to ensure these therapies are commericalised and have an international presence with projects coming from UK, Europe, US and Asia. Taking an innovative approach to develop and adopt the latest technologies to keep them are the forefront of the sector.
The Role of Senior Scientist:
As a Senior Scientist you will be providing leadership in the laboratories with responsibility for directing more junior colleagues and driving project forwards to deliver these on time. But crucially have influence on the design of projects, design experimental programmes and use your science. The projects will be focused on the Downstream processing of Viral Vectors, in particular AAV, for the development of GMP ready manufacturing protocols using closed systems.
- Contribute to the design of Downstream projects, working with the Director and Lead Scientists to establish these
- Managing multiple projects in the laboratory, driving these forwards to deliver these on time
- Use your knowledge of Viral Vector process and analytical development to develop experimental programmes and then execute these.
- Focus on DSP, chromatography, and purification techniques
- Tech transfer of processes into and out of the laboratories
- Work with Lead Scientists and Programme managers to support pricing and planning of proposals for potential collaborators
- Support Business Development during the scoping of new projects.
- Take responsibility for the quality & standards of research
Required Skills and Expertise:
- BSc in relevant area is essential, an MSc or PhD is desirable
- Downstream Processing of Viral Vectors in a GMP or GMP ready environment
- Tech Transfer experience is desirable
- Chromatography experience e.g. AKTA is essential
- Cell culture of human and / or mammalian cell lines essential
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.