A pioneering company who are at the centre of the Cell & Gene Therapy sector are seeking a Senior Scientist with experience of Process Development to join their commercialisation Group based in Central London. They are recruiting for a Scientist with a background in the Process Development of proteins or Monoclonal Antibodies for example, to use these skills in their growing Viral Vector team
They collaborate with academia & industry, providing their expertise to take therapies across the translational gap, into the clinic and the through clinical trials. The company’s mission is to drive its growth of the sector to ensure these therapies are commericalised and have an international presence with projects coming from UK, Europe, US and Asia. Taking an innovative approach to develop and adopt the latest technologies to keep them are the forefront of the sector.
The Role of Senior Scientist:
As a Scientist you will be joining their Viral Vector team and they are searching for a scientist who has the skill set to transition into the group. This can be gained either directly from the DSP or USP of viral vectors but also related environments such as Proteins or Monoclonal antibodies.
As a Scientist you will be using QBD principals to contribute to the development of experimental programmes for the creation of GMP ready protocols.
- Upstream and Downstream projects covering expansion, bioprocessing, purification via chromatography, filtration, and analytical techniques
- Contribute to the design of projects, working with the Senior and Lead Scientists to establish project plans.
- Execute programmes in the laboratory for the development of downstream processes.
- Work with Programme Managers and the Tech Transfer Team to enable the transfer of processes into and out of the laboratories
- Analyse results raw data to present results to external collaborators and internal colleagues
- Take responsibility for the quality & standards of research
This is an excellent opportunity where you will be able to apply your science in an innovative environment at the cutting edge for develop of Cell & Gene Therapies with excellent career potential.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- BSc or MSc or PhD in relevant life sciences
- Experience of Upstream and Downstream processes for biologics, or antibodies, or cell therapies or viral vectors
- Experience in a GMP or GMP ready environment
- Tech Transfer experience is desirable
- Chromatography experience e.g. AKTA is desireable
- Cell culture of human and / or mammalian cell lines essential
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.