This is an excellent opportunity for a recently graduated scientist who has expertise in Biochemistry skills e.g. ELISA and Western Blot, to join a pioneering Biotech based in Worthing. Two Analytical Development Scientist roles have been created by the increased volume of work to keep pace with the increasing number of new innovations.
They are developing treatments that cure common and unique allergies through vaccinations, using their pioneering technology that they continue to develop and exploit its potential. They have developed an innovative approach to immunotherapy which will be of particular interest to someone with a passion for scientific innovation. Added to their focus on innovation they have a number therapies on the market as well as those progressing through clinical trials.
These roles are based within their Development Team which is central to the discovery, manufacture and testing of their therapies. With the purpose to develop analytical methods to be used within the Innovation, Quality and Manufacturing departments or identify solutions to problems that arise during manufacture for example. Developing and validating methods such as ELISA and Immunoassays for example.
- Develop, validate and optimise Assays e.g. ELISA, Immunoassays, SDS Page, Western Blot
- Apply Chemistry techniques such as HPLC and Chromatography
- Analyse data to support development of new vaccines, optimise existing and quality control
- Oversee the transfer of assays
- Use data to drive research forwards
- Manage compliance to GMP
- Use science to contribute to solve complex problems
Desired Skills and Experience
For this opportunity you will need:
- GMP experience
- Method Development and Validation experience
- Biochemsitry expertise ELISA, SDS Page, Western Blot for example.
- This is complemented by basic chemistry experience – HPLC, GC for example
- BSc in relevant discipline
- Data analysis expertise using
A pioneering Europe-based Pharmaceutical organisation specialising in the treatment and prevention of allergies. Their unique focus is on the vaccination and prevention of conditions such as hay fever and their products are fascinating, complex and ever-changing. The company employs around 300 people in Worthing, West Sussex and has an excellent reputation for providing career development opportunities, challenging and engaging work and a pleasant, vibrant working environment.