The company were established in 2012 with the purpose to make the UK the place to commercialise Cell & Gene Therapies working in collaboration with partner based in the UK, Europe, US and Asia for example. The offer cutting edge technology, services, and capabilities to take a therapy across the translational gap. Then into the clinic, through clinical trials to launch. They have now expanded to 3 sites with a unique GMP manufacturing site for AMTP’s / Cell & Gene Therapies based in Stevenage. With a linked cluster that offer the capability to manufacture these life changing therapies for clinical trial and at a commercial scale.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role of Head of Business Development is to drive the expansion of the Stevenage manufacturing site to win new busines for this unique facility. The company’s aims are evolving and there is the need to accelerate their expansion with this role being a key part of that to develop and then execute the strategy. This is an influential role where you will be able to use your expertise effectively as they are looking for a leader who can bring ideas and new concepts with them
Key Responsibilities includes:
- Develop a strategy, working with the C – Suite, to identify the aims and potential of the site and strategy to achieve these.
- Work with extended team to identify potential collaborators and gain in depth knowledge of the market
- Lead the business development activities for the site and cluster
- Take the lead on key relationships at the centre as part of an overall BD matrix
- Develop and transact with other collaborators operating on a fee for service relationship
- Line manage 1 Business Development Manager to then build out the team
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Business Development experience in the Biotech / Pharma / ATMP / Biologics sector
- Developed, executed and led business development strategies previously.
- Understanding of GMP manufacture
- Experience of Contract Manufacturing or R&D advantageous
- Line management experience advantageous