Their mission is to be the leader in continuous cell culturing and the provision of high level, cutting edge and sophisticated products. Their technology will revolutionise current manufacturing methods by enabling the move away from current approaches of batch culture to continuous culture bioreactors. Removing the limitations of batch culture such as the surface area to which the cells are attached that are holding the sector back. But crucially their technology means a current bottleneck can be removed and meet the demand that is a critical issue. Their technology meets this demand and can be applied across a range of industries such as cell & gene therapy and biologics. With the impact not just being the continuous culture but their processes result in a much narrower, precise character and at a larger scale. They spun out from Newcastle University with strong technical roots that is now complemented by a strong commercial strategy to develop their products.
This role offers the chance to join at this early stage to drive forwards the development of the technology and its delivery. As the Senior Bioprocess Engineer you will be responsible for the translation of their Bioreactors from concept to commercialisation. This is a very collaborative environment where you be working with experts in cell biology, bioprocessing and commercialisation.
Key responsibilities are:
- To use your technical expertise and innovative thinking to solve complex problems
- Lead and drive the further develop of their bioreactors from concept to commercialisation
- Lead the optimisation of their current technologies & processes by applying your expertise
- Provide leadership to the bioprocessing engineers – develop & implement strategies
- Grow the Bioprocessing team further as the company continues to grow
- Create and manage relationships with key stakeholders and 3rd parties
This opportunity offers the chance to join a company with excellent technology that is going to make an impact on the Cell & Gene Therapy and Biologics industries.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- PhD in relevant area such as bioengineering, bioprocessing, chemical engineering etc.
- Expertise in the operation & development of a range of bioreactors
- Experience of working with Adherent cells
- Bioprocessing expertise for scalable cell culture
- Commercial experience in the development of bioreactors