This is a permanent position, offering an excellent salary and benefits package to discuss on application.
We are looking for an astute individual with strong experience in managing processes and day-to-day operations, with an awareness of finance and legal processes, line management skills and a growth mindset. Experience from a regulated life science environment (biotech, medical devices, ATMP, diagnostics etc) would be a strong advantage but is not essential.
Your role will include:
- Managing lab and office construction and move projects, working alongside Facilities and Project Management professionals.
- Collaborating with the Lab Manager to oversee Oxford site’s Health and Safety systems and policies, ensuring the company is always fully compliant and aligned with the global organisation.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the building. Ensuring property faults are dealt with quickly, the building operates effectively for the requirements of the team, and spaces are maintained to a high standard.
- Being a culture champion within the organisation leading with best practices and ways-of-working. Being proactive in making suggestions for improvements to company culture.
- Managing site budget and tracking spend.
- Working with the wider team to ensure legal, financial and purchasing processes align with global systems.
- Managing the IT infrastructure and systems used by the full Oxford team. Working with the global IT teams to introduce new systems and infrastructure improvements and ensure security of information.
- Supervising teams and leading training initiatives.
- Communicating goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
- Motivating and inspiring employees to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintaining morale and supporting employee engagement initiatives.
- Upholding company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Supporting and complying with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong Operations Management background, ideally gained within a regulated environment.
- Life science (biotech, ATMP, medical device, diagnostics, pharmaceutical) background preferred but not essential.
- High emotional intelligence, with a conscientious approach to leadership and an ability to see how the company values can be truly embedded and reinforced throughout the organisation.
- Ability to understand key business priorities for day-to-day operations.
- Good understanding of finance and legal processes.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft
Full details will be provided on application. This is a permanent role in Oxford, Oxfordshire.