Human Factors Engineer
My client is a consultancy that specialises in medical devices and offers a highly supportive team and career progression. Collaboration between people in all areas of their business is key to our success, so open and friendly multi-way communication is encouraged at all levels. They are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Human Factors Engineer.
Being part of the Human Factors and Usability team, you will be exposed to a range of exciting projects across all phases of development. You will be working with both internal project teams and global medical clients on developing safe and usable medical devices, ensuring that user needs are considered early and often throughout the design process. You will be responsible for identifying user needs and supporting use-related risk mitigation through the application of Human Factors principles and best practise. The role involves a range of activities such as desk and field research, use-related risk management, planning and conducting Human Factors studies and compiling results into clear and concise reports appropriate for client teams and in accordance to regulatory standards.
- 1st or 2:1 in a relevant degree
- Robust understanding of Human Factors techniques and usability principles
- Experience in evaluating and improving designs based on sound usability understanding
- Skilled in moderating user research and putting participants at ease
- Experience in data capture and analysis
- A proven ability to synthetise a lot of information and distil it into meaningful design recommendations
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and dependably as part of a team or independently
- Great attention to detail
- In-depth understanding of Human Factors guidance documents and standards for medical device development
- Eager to learn
- Flexible and accommodating work ethic
- Consultancy industry experience
- Design or engineering experience
- SolidWorks, Creo, Adobe Suite, Minitab, LabVIEW, MatLab.....are all an advantage!