We are looking for someone with an interest in Science (this is NOT a position for a recent science graduate) and some experience gained in an environment that requires precision, good organisation skills and the ability to multitask.
This is a permanent role with a salary around £18,000, plus excellent benefits (outlined below). The salary could be slightly higher if you have relevant experience, which can be discussed on application.
You will work Monday to Friday, 7am – 3pm. This role will be a great opportunity to build on your lab support skills. If you have an interest in science, backed with some experience in a lab or similar setting, and if you can demonstrate very high standards of work, this will be an excellent career move.
A pioneering Europe-based Pharmaceutical organisation specialising in the treatment and prevention of allergies. Their unique focus is on the vaccination and prevention of conditions such as hay fever and their products are fascinating, complex and ever-changing. The company employs around 270 people in Worthing and has an excellent reputation for providing career development opportunities, challenging and engaging work and a pleasant, modern working environment.
Your role will be split across two functions: QC Components Testing, and QC Lab Support. This will give you a variety of duties and will require you to be flexible and well organised. Overall, your duties will include:
- Sampling and testing different components (such as vials, packaging materials, lab consumables, lids, caps etc). Some of these items are small and require very careful inspection of size, shape, colour etc
- Checking and validating documents and data
- Maintenance of the cleanliness of laboratories (including washing glassware)
- Daily calibration / verification of lab equipment (e.g. balances, pH meters, pipettes)
- Preparation and coordination of despatch of samples for external analysis
- Helping with the training of individuals within the lab
- Generation, collation and archiving of QC documentation
- Management of sample receipt and entering of sample information on computer system
- Coordination of maintenance activities for QC equipment
- Management of QC inventory (including ordering)
- Disposal of laboratory waste
- Preparation of laboratory reagents
Full details will be provided on request.
In addition to a salary of £18,000 (which could be higher depending on experience), the company offers excellent career development opportunities and the following benefits:
- 25 days' holiday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Private medical cover
- Life insurance scheme
- Non-contractual, discretionary annual bonus
The successful candidate will be a careful and committed individual with a real interest in science and the desire to do something important. Previous experience in a lab (either a commercial laboratory or a school / college lab) would be a big advantage, though candidates will also be considered from other settings such as cleaning, clean room operations, kitchen, logistics / warehousing or some other process-driven environment. Please note that this position is not intended for recent graduates. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work by yourself and as part of a collaborative team, together with the ambition to develop a career within a scientific organisation.
Full details will be provided on application. This is a permanent role in Worthing, West Sussex, with a salary around £18,000 (though it could be slightly higher depending on your experience).