- Level 2 Warehouse Operative & Warehouse Driver.
- Location: Hayes.
- Ideal for someone looking to forward there career within the Pharmaceutical Logistics Sector.
Alex Dobson is recruiting for an exciting opportunity that is ideal for someone looking to take on more responsibilities and take a step forward in their careers. This role involves receiving and checking deliveries, as well as packing goods for delivery.
The company are a dedicated medical supply company that source and distribute pharmaceutical, consumable supplies and medical equipment to healthcare professionals around the world. They have become leading players within this sector and are able to tender to each client’s supply needs whether that is a local project, right up to national scale tenders. The company’s main divisions incorporate International Sales, Clinical Trials Supplies, Unlicensed Medicines, Managed Access Programmes and the distribution of medical products. They are in the process of moving into a new warehouse space which is over 30,000 sq foot and situated very close to Heathrow Airport. This allows them to store goods in ‘Warm Rooms’, ‘Ambient Rooms’ and ‘Cold Chain Rooms’.
Job Description :Level 2:-
- To ‘Act Up’ as a Warehouse Supervisor when requested by the Warehouse Manager or Commercial Manager:
- To ensure the smooth running of the warehouse, in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor.
- To supervise teams of Warehouse Operatives.
- To distribute work amongst warehouse staff as per company procedures; continue to distribute work appropriately throughout the day and make sure all shipments are labelled correctly.
- To ensure all Warehouse Operatives are packing according to company SOP’s.
- To ensure all picking lists are checked correctly.
- To ensure all Warehouse Operatives carry out their housekeeping duties and keep the warehouse clean and tidy at all times
- To ensure all goods are ‘booked in’ correctly.
- To ensure ice packs are removed from the freezer in good time for use when packing cold storage products.
- To regularly check the Warehouse e-mail “in box”.
- To check shipping lists from the Logistics department to ensure all relevant consignments have been packed.
- To check all consignments are labelled correctly before they leave the warehouse.
- To train new staff in Company Procedures, as required.
- To carry out ‘Warehouse Awareness Training’, as required.
- To carry out Forklift Cage Training, as required.
- Five year work history
- Good working knowledge of the company current SOP’s and any future SOP’s with regard to ‘Good Distribution Practice’ within 3 months of employment.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Data entry skills.
- Fundamental understanding of COSHH.
- In good health and able to lift up to 25kg.
- Pro-active approach.
- Competencies – to be trained and assessed within 6 months of job commencement.
- Pharmaceutical knowledge.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Experience of training staff.
- Warehouse experience.
- To maintain a clean driving license.
- To drive the company vehicles, between company locations as required
- To drive company vehicles hired by the company, for the purpose of delivering or collecting goods, documents, persons or other materials locally and over longer distances.
- To ensure that company vehicles are roadworthy and are cleaned and serviced regularly.
- To supervise or enable loading and unloading of vehicles, ensuring the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- To provide temperature reports to RP’s when necessary.
Warehouse, Operative, Driver, Pharmaceutical, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Goods, manufacture, produce, production, GMP, GDP, SOP’s, COSHH.
This is a permanent position.