Market leader in Specialist Vehicle Protection systems who have recently moved to new larger premises are looking to recruit a number experienced MIG/TIG Welders to carry out MIG/TIG Welding duties on armoured vehicles.
As an experienced Welder/Fabricator your skills and experience and daily tasks will include the following:
- Both MIG & TIG welding skills are required
- Be able to fabricate and weld working to CAD drawings
- Have experience of welding various different metals to include mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Be happy working with various depths of materials (1mil – 10 mil)
- Be confident performing Butt and Fillet welding
- Have experience of vertical, downhand and overhead welding and be prepared to take relevant coded welding tests
- Happily cut and grind ancillary panels/fitments when required
- Install and configure steel armour
- Will be responsible for setting up your daily jobs/tasks
- Previous experience of working on military vehicles would be highly advantageous but not essential.
Suitable candidates will join a team of experienced MIG/TIG Welders/Fabricators and will need to be able to be flexible and do what is needed as each day can involve different tasks. In reward for your flexibility my client is able to offer the opportunity for evening and weekend work due to their current workloads for those that are able and willing to work overtime (overtime rate paid)
MIG/TIG WELDERS, FABRICATORS, MMA, ARC WELDING, STEEL ARMOUR, CODED WELDER, BUTT WELDING, FILLET WELDING, AUTOMOTIVE, WEST SUSSEX
6 MONTH CONTRACT (LIKELY TO EXTEND) £ NEG + OVERTIME, IMMEDIATE START