I am delighted to work with an exciting and successful Medical Device company that are looking for an optical engineer. They are a specialist company in Optometry. My client offers the work on advanced technology focusing on image processing, machine learning, computer vision and artificial intelligence, whilst being able to gain new skills and grow your career.
- You will be designing the technology that becomes their innovative products.
- Helping to prove the blue sky ideas can be turned into functioning technologies by creating proof of concept implementations.
- Working closely with the Product Development team to turn proofs of concept into commercial products.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- An advanced degree, or equivalent, in Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or other technical discipline.
- Experience working on technology development within the Ophthalmic industry.
- Excellent knowledge of optical physics and detailed experience designing optical systems.
- Good electronic, mechanical, and mathematical knowledge.
- Proficient with optical modelling software, such as Zemax.
- Proficient with Solidworks CAD software.
- Experience working within strict regulatory frameworks and processes, including technical development under IEC 60601.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and take pride in how fast one can develop products.