My client currently seeks an experienced Project Manager who will work on military and commercial projects and be responsible for managing all aspects of the project deliverables for a number of clients that will include Tier 1 defence contractors. The role will include customer and user management, internal co-ordination, planning, scheduling, project execution and relevant commercial activities in order to deliver a timely, appropriate and profitable project coherent.
- Leadership of the project throughout its life-cycle from concept development through to manufacturing.
- Relationship management within a complex stakeholder community.
- Meeting project milestones, schedules and budget requirements.
- Establishing and reporting performance metrics, KPI’s, monthly reports etc.
- Meeting internal business reporting requirements.
- Conducting customer progress meetings and compilation of associated reports.
- Adhering to project, sub-contract, security and data management strategy protocols.
- Management of project issues, risks and opportunities.
- Identification and planning of resources needed to support programme deliverables.
- Approval of all internal and customer documentation in line with requirements and Company standards.
- Co-ordinate and manage all task activities ensuring all documentation is fully compliant with MoD Policies and specified requirements.
- Chair and organisation of project and customer meetings.
- Facilitate Gateway reviews used to assess the maturity and delivery of the technology.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or related subject.
- Professional project/programme management qualifications such as:
- PRINCE 2
- UK MoD - Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage
- Project/Programme Management experience in a highly technical environment preferably within the defence industry.
- Understanding of system integration and configuration management.
- Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
- Use of project management software tools such as SAP, ERP systems.
- Competent in project management technique such as Critical Path, Pert Analysis and Network generation.
- Understanding of project life-cycle management.
- Understanding of risk and opportunity management.
- Understanding of sub-contract and customer management.
- Understanding of project financial management.
- Relevant experience of delivering project management of a technical product from concept phase through to prototyping and trials.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
- Customer focused - displaying pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs.
- Results-focused –A strong desire to achieve results and work hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success.
- Teamwork - a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand other’s motivations and actively assess their strengths and weaknesses, is aware of others workloads and responds accordingly.
- Leadership - strong leadership skills, conveying confidence, presence and a professional image at all levels within an organisation.
- Willing to travel in UK and internationally as required.
About the company:
My client has been well established for over 60 years in the design and manufacturing industry. They specialise in the build and maintenance of automotive products and services. They are proud of their history, leading the industry with new skills and technologies. Due to the nature of my client’s work, you will need to be able to gain security clearance to perform this role.