- Work with customers in the omics space to deliver projects.
- Analyze, interpret results generated from omics data platform with project ranging from variant identification/annotation to multimodal analysis.
- Apply biological insights using internal and external data sets, published literature, and other resources to prioritize biomarker discoveries.
- Deliver timely, in-depth, and start-of-the-art analyses of high throughput data generated from various platform like next generation sequencing (NGS) and array data from various domains (genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, microbiome, metabolomics, proteomics etc.)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete analyses in a timely & reliable manner.
- Train, enable and deliver projects using a team of Bio-informaticians
- Surveying the literature and attend conferences to incorporate discoveries and findings from the genetics/-omics’ community into study opportunities, internal understanding and new commercial service areas.
- Masters’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and other related fields (demonstrated experience) or, Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and other related fields (demonstrated experience).
- Experience in using and developing bioinformatics tools / pipeline / workflows for NGS like WES, WGS, 16s RNA, RNA-seq, scRNA, snRNA, ATAC, CHIP-seq etc. and other molecular assays like array, Ability to generate, optimize, and maintain scripts for routine -omics data processing, curation, and storage.
- Ability to mine and analyse public and proprietary omics data for biomarker discovery using publicly available and custom developed tools. Use SQL and/or other scripting languages to retrieve relevant data from various bioinformatics databases.
- Interpret and visualize results using a variety of methods, from data aggregation to statistical analysis from various omics platform.
- Experience with statistical / scientific programming and scripting language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, bash scripting).
- Knowledge and understanding of NGS, molecular biology and genetics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Evidence of effectively interacting and contributing to collaborative research teams.
- Communicate findings in a clear and logical manner to help stakeholders make scientific decisions based on the data.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position independently.
- Familiarity using cloud computing and cluster deployment.
- Familiarity with AI / machine learning algorithms.
- Familiarity or experience in multi-modal omics data analysis.
- Scientific publication in reputed journals.