- Contribute critically to the assay design team, by building the software infrastructure to support the workflow operations of the company.
- Establish robust data processing pipelines, initially for R&D purpose, but developing them toward clinical grade assays.
- Develop best practices for the companies software, including robust and tested pipelines that can be used by all the relevant stakeholders.
- Produce high quality documentation of pipelines & software.
- Interact with external collaborators in the context of clinical trials and pilot studies, developing interfaces and APIs.
- In the longer term, contribute to the deployment of the regulated infrastructure to support large scale testing.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field.
- Experience in scientific programming and software development, most likely using Python.
- Previous academic or industry experience either in a development team or as part of a scientific team.
- Expertise in best practices for software development (such as git, scrum, sprint structure, testing suites, continuous integration tools).
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience of working with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Experience in building code using CI/CD .
- Excellent team-working skills with previous experience of completing collaborative projects on time and within budget.
- Enjoy working towards challenging goals in a fast-moving environment where on-time delivery of results is a high priority.
- Enjoy working in a fast moving and motivated scientific environment.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in computer sciences, or a related field, with a strong computational component.
- Line management and supervision of other developers.
- Experience of establishing or working within a Quality Management System.