This role can be done completely remotely from any of the following locations: East coast US, West Coast US, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Switzerland, Ireland and Belgium.
This role will have a focus on mathematical and statistical modelling.
The Software Engineer for supply is responsible for the following:
- Participate on a decentralized, agile-based software development team.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code, unit-test and document implemented features
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of server-side models and algorithms, with emphasis on complex statistical computations
- Implementation of web service APIs (REST)
- Implementation of client-side logic, including UX design, HTML layouts and templates, AngularJS logic, and styling
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- The position requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer or a Data Scientist in an agile environment working with web-based applications.
- Experience with ORM (Object Relational Mapping)
- Experience with numerical/statistical package such as NumPy, Pandas
- Design and implementation of APIs such as Django/Django Rest Framework, Express.js or any Node.js framework
- Experience with modern application frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with micro-services / loosely coupled applications using multiple data sources and interfaces
- Good understanding of how databases work and how to use them efficiently
- Understanding of probability, statistics, and strong mathematical foundation
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with cloud-based applications and virtualization is a plus (Docker, EC2, S3)
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or equivalent field is required, with preference towards Master’s degree or higher.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a development role in an agile development environment