This role can be done completely remotely from any of the following locations: East coast US, West Coast US, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Switzerland, Ireland and Belgium.
The Software Engineer for Integrations is responsible for the following:
- Participate on a decentralized, agile-based software development team.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code, unit-test and document implemented features
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of server-side models and algorithms
- Implementation of web service APIs (REST)
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
The position requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer in an agile environment working with web-based applications. The skills listed below are those of a full-stack software engineer, with the understanding that each software engineer has their own “spikes” or preferred areas.
- Experience with ORM (Object Relational Mapping)
- Experience with modern application frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with micro-services / loosely coupled applications using multiple data sources and interfaces
- Good understanding of how databases work and how to use them efficiently
- Experience with functional programming / higher order functions is a plus
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of modern development environment tools such as Git (GitHub, Bitbucket) or Mercurial, JIRA or other issue tracking systems, Jenkins or other continuous integration software.
- Familiarity with regulations pertaining to the FDA or other regulatory agencies a plus
- Experience with cloud-based applications and virtualization is a plus (Docker, EC2, S3)
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent field is required, with preference towards Master’s degree or higher.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a development role in an agile development environment