- Aqueous GMP Production Technician
- Pharmaceutical company in Worthing, West Sussex
- Salary £18,000 (increasing to £18,500 after initial training)
- Permanent role, 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday
- Interest in science (biology and microbiology) ESSENTIAL
- Experience from a regulated manufacturing (e.g. GMP, ISO) environment PREFFERED
A unique opportunity for a hard-working Production Technician with strong attention to detail and an interest and / or background in Microbiology / Biology. This is a permanent role in which you will learn some fascinating scientific techniques and assist in the development and manufacture of unique drug products.
An innovative UK-based Pharmaceutical company who develop and manufacture liquid vaccines under strictly controlled sterile conditions. This vacancy has arisen at their main site in Worthing, West Sussex. There are around 250 employees and the company has an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, staff morale and ongoing development. They manufacture a range of drug products and have very strictly regulated GMP clean room and aseptic production areas.
This is a unique position that supports the early stages of GMP-compliant production of vaccines for allergy sufferers. You will work with various biological samples including wasp sting venom, house dust mites and fungi and will perform a range of activities such as the following:
- Extraction and production of freeze dried insect venom ingredients
- Production of fungi (including inoculation of fungi from freeze-dried samples to agar plates, plating, inoculation in flasks, harvesting etc)
- Microscopic identification of house dust mites and detection / observation of any cross-contamination
- Performing aseptic techniques using Class II flow cabinets, growing pathogens such as Aspergillus fumigatus
- Cleaning and maintaining production / testing areas and equipment
- Providing samples for QC analysis
- Completion of GMP batch documentation
- Using respirators
You will work hard to make sure that all activities follow strict industry standards, including Health & Safety and GMP. You will work closely with other departments to monitor progress of production and analytical testing and you will need to meticulously record all results. This will be an excellent way to build up your understanding of the Biopharmaceutical industry, gaining valuable skills and ongoing training.
In addition to a salary of £18,000 (rising to £18,500 after initial training), the company offers:
• 25 days’ holiday
• Private medical cover
• Stakeholder pension plan
• Life insurance scheme
• Non-contractual, discretionary annual bonus
The successful candidate will have some experience from a regulated Production environment, together with an interest (and possibly a school or college qualification) in Biology or Microbiology. Graduates and non-graduates will all be considered. Ideally, you will have some knowledge of aseptic techniques, fungi / mould testing and growth and the need for absolute attention to detail, but this is not essential. You will preferably have some industrial experience gained in either a Micro lab or a GMP production area, though graduates with no industry experience may be considered if they are local (or have specific reasons for working in Worthing) and demonstrate an appropriate work ethic. You must be able to work and write neatly and show constant care and attention.
You must be hard-working, with strong communication skills and a genuine desire to further your career in the Pharmaceutical industry.