Working as the Design Engineer your key daily responsibilities will include: -
- Assisting the Lead Design Engineer in the delivery of project/product line requirements.
- Solid modelling and detailing of products using SolidWorks.
- Control of Bill of Materials (BoM), CAD Models and Engineering Drawings.
- Engineer to all appropriate product targets e.g. cost, weight, strength etc
- Assist in the generation of, and delivery to, project timing.
- Ensure appropriate material selection.
- Ensure manufacturing feasibility of product designs.
- Work in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001 procedures.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartered engineer status (preferred)
- Automotive, Aerospace or Defence Engineering environments (preferred).
- Design/manufacturing techniques for low/medium volume production.
- Concept creation/development, detailed design (components/assemblies), and engineering drawing.
- Creating models and engineering drawings using 3D CAD package (SolidWorks preferred).
- Material Selection.
- Structural performance assessment.
- Knowledge of workshop theory and practice.
About the company:
My client has been well established for over 60 years in the design and manufacturing industry. They specialise in the build and maintenance of automotive products and services. They are proud of their history, leading the industry with new skills and technologies. Due to the nature of my clients work, you will need to be able to gain security clearance to perform this role.