- Head of Marketing
- Location: Central London
- Salary: c£85,000 pa plus excellent benefits (bonus, 15% pension, private medical cover, life assurance, plus others)
- Will suit someone experienced in B2B communications at managerial level.
Plus experience of Working in Medical Communications, Biotech, Biopharma, Pharmaceutical Organisation.
My clients aim is to support the UK Cell Therapy industry with the vision to become a global leader in this fast developing sector. They work with their industrial and academic partners to overcome the commercial and technical challenges preventing bringing these therapies to the market. Based in Central London they provide a range of services to help with the development of new therapies bridging the translational gap from late stage development to clinical trials. They have successfully taken a product through to the completion of phase II clinical trials following a planned development cycle to deliver on their vision of bringing these therapies to market.
They are changing the future of the cell and gene therapy industry and are therefore looking to offer the right candidate an opportunity to help create something challenging and unique.
They are seeking an exceptional Head of Marketing to take responsibility for the Company’s marketing strategies to ensure continued growth and success both within the UK and abroad. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, this role will take a lead in the development of the services and activities and enable the Company to meet the evolving needs of the industry that it serves and to also ensure that all stakeholders understand what the offering and the ensuing successes that result from these activities.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for creating board approved internal and external communications, marketing strategies, and delivering these through strong internal relationships whilst working with third party suppliers, including consultants and agencies.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the current and future needs of the industry as relevant to the scope of activities.
- To help develop current and new activities and capabilities to meet those needs, and to develop the associated key messaging
- To contribute this knowledge to the strategic planning of the company
- To devise and implement strategies to communicate the capabilities, successes and outcomes of key audiences.
- Manage the marketing team across two offices
- To measure and monitor the success of company marketing strategies.
- To play a senior role within the management team, with delegated authority for the delivery of activities within an agreed work plan for the Company.
- To work as a key advisor to the CBO and other senior members of the Executive Team, including the CEO.
ExperienceTwo or more of the following will be a requirement of this role:
- B2B Marketing of services in a professional consulting or engineering environment
- Working in the field of regenerative medicine, ATMPs, or cell or gene therapies with a strong understanding of the underlying science
- Business strategy and communications in a healthcare or pharmaceutical company
- Experienced in a B2B communications at a managerial level
- Experienced of liaising with Company employed agencies and Senior employees to promote the Company within the relevant media
- Experienced in implementing successful, integrated, strategic marketing campaigns across both traditional and digital channels
- Experienced in managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of an organisation including board level
- Experienced in working closely with business development, brand and communication teams
- Experienced in agency and supplier management
- Confident in managing and presenting to senior stakeholders
- 5+ years’ experience of working at a senior level
Education / Qualifications
- MBA or Strategic Marketing qualification would be advantageous.
- Undergraduate degree to minimum 2:1 from a leading university would be advantageous
- Phd or Masters level degree in a scientific discipline would be advantageous.
Multi channel, strategy, marketing, cell therapy, regenerative medicine, biomedicine, biological medicine, bioprocess, global communications, communications, advertising, brand, London, Medical Communications, Biotech, Biopharma, Pharmaceutical Organisation. Science, scientific, PhD, BSC, MSC
This is a permanent role