Based in Crawley, West Sussex this is as excellent opportunity for a 1st line support professional with at least 2 years’ experience providing desktop support within a busy Helpdesk environment, adhering to ITIL. The role involves supporting user accounts, applications, systems and hardware to resolve technical issues including Active Directory, MS Exchange, Windows 7 and MS Office packages. The position is with a leading luxury and specialist travel company working within a friendly and supportive environment where learning and development are expected.
The company is an innovator within the luxury and specialist travel sector owning a portfolio of over 50 independently operated brands many of which are market leaders and household names. Their holidays cover a diverse range that includes luxury travel/accommodation, sailing, safaris, sports tours, adventure tours and arctic expeditions. Following a recent company alignment to focus on their specialist brands this is an exciting time to join the organisation which has ambitious future plans.
Working in a busy helpdesk team this role involves dealing with a broad range of staff at all levels from across the business. The staff will be located both on and off site. The job holder will be responsible for:
- Providing first line contact handling (telephone calls, email and self service) for all queries and issues.
- Taking ownership for technical issues by asking relevant questions, recording details accurately in the service management system.
- Investigation and resolution of first line issues.
- Fulfilment of end user requests which have been recorded in the service management system.
- Escalating more technical issues to the second line support team members and onward into the infrastructure support team.
- Escalation of priority incidents as part of the incident management process.
- Participate in the on-all rota for out of hours support when required.
You will need a minimum of 2years’ experience in a helpdesk environment backed by a ITIL Foundation V3 qualification. Your technical experience must encompass Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MS Windows servers /infrastructures up to 2012, MS Exchange 2010 and MS Office 365. Also, you should have IP Telephony, Citrix and Remote Desktop Services experience. This is a busy environment so you should be used to working under pressure, taking ownership and fully utilising your communication skills.
Keywords: Helpdesk, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support, Service Desk Support Analyst, IT Support, ITIL, Active Directory, DNS, DCHP, MS Exchange 2007, Windows 7, MS Office Suite, IP Telephony, Citrix, Crawley, West Sussex, Gatwick, East Sussex, Surrey, Horsham, Redhill, Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill
This is a permanent position