Based in Crawley, West Sussex this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced 1st line support professional who ideally has at least 2 years’ experience gained within a desktop support/Helpdesk environment, adhering to ITIL standards. The role involves supporting user accounts, applications, systems and hardware to resolve technical issues including Active Directory, MS Exchange, Windows 7 and MS Office packages. The position is with a leading luxury and specialist travel company working within a friendly and supportive environment.
The company is a leader within the luxury and specialist travel sector owning a portfolio of over 50 independently operated brands many of which are household names. Their products cover a diverse range that includes luxury holidays, sailing, safaris, sports, adventure tours and expeditions.
Working in a busy helpdesk team this role involves dealing with a broad range of staff at all levels from across the business. The staff will be located both on and off site. The job holder will be responsible for:
- Providing first line contact handling (telephone calls, email and self service) for all queries and issues.
- Taking ownership for technical issues and recording details in the service management system.
- Investigation and resolution of first line issues.
- Fulfilment of end user requests which have been recorded in the service management system.
- Escalating more technical issues to the second line support team members and onward into the infrastructure support team.
- Escalation of priority incidents as part of the incident management process.
- Participate in the call out rota for out of hours support when required.
You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience gained within a helpdesk environment backed by an ITIL Foundation V3 qualification or experience of working within an ITIL environment. Your technical experience need to include Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MS Windows servers /infrastructures up to 2012, MS Exchange 2010 and MS Office 365. Also, IP Telephony, Citrix and Remote Desktop Services experience will be advantageous. This is a busy environment, so you should be used to taking ownership and fully utilising your communication skills. In reward for your skills my client is able to offer a salary up to £25,000 plus a benefits package that includes a rewards scheme, contributory pension scheme as well as the opportunity for career progression.
This is a permanent position