Based in Crawley, West Sussex this is as exciting opportunity for a 1st line support professional with at least 2 years’ experience providing desktop support within a busy Helpdesk environment, adhering to ITIL standards. The role involves supporting user accounts, applications, systems and hardware to resolve technical issues including Active Directory, MS Exchange, Windows 7 and MS Office packages. The position is with a leading luxury and specialist travel company working within a friendly and supportive environment.
The company is a leader within the luxury and specialist travel sector owning a portfolio of over 50 independently operated brands many of which are household names. Their products cover a diverse range that includes luxury holidays, sailing, safaris, sports, adventure tours and expeditions. Following a recent company re-alignment this is an exciting time to join the organisation which has ambitious plans.
Working in a busy helpdesk team this role involves dealing with a broad range of staff at all levels from across the business. The staff will be located both on and off site. The job holder will be responsible for:
- Providing first line contact handling (telephone calls, email and self service) for all queries and issues.
- Taking ownership for technical issues and recording details in the service management system.
- Investigation and resolution of first line issues.
- Fulfilment of end user requests which have been recorded in the service management system.
- Escalating more technical issues to the second line support team members and onward into the infrastructure support team.
- Escalation of priority incidents as part of the incident management process.
- Participate in the call out rota for out of hours support when required.
You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a helpdesk environment backed by a ITIL Foundation V3 qualification or experience in a ITIL environment. Your technical experience need to include Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MS Windows servers /infrastructures up to 2012, MS Exchange 2010 and MS Office 365. Also, IP Telephony, Citrix and Remote Desktop Services experience will be advantageous. This is a busy environment so you should be used to taking ownership and fully utilising your communication skills.
Keywords: Helpdesk, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support, Service Desk Support Analyst, IT Support, ITIL, ITIL Foundation V3, Active Directory, DNS, DCHP, MS Exchange 2007, Windows 7, MS Office Suite, IP Telephony, Citrix, Crawley, West Sussex, Gatwick, East Sussex, Surrey, Horsham, Redhill, Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill
This is a permanent position