Leading luxury and specialist travel company currently seeks an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer who will be based at their offices in Brighton. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for providing day to day operational support predominately on the server and network infrastructure, although you will also be given the opportunity to get involved in various IT Projects.
The company is a leader within the luxury and specialist travel sector owning a portfolio of over 50 independently operated brands many of which are household names. Their products cover a diverse range that includes luxury holidays, sailing, safaris, sports, adventure tours and expeditions. Following a recent company re-alignment this is an exciting time to join the organisation which has ambitious plans.
Working as part of their IT Operations team you will provide day-to-day operational support predominately on the server and networking infrastructure and will need to possess strong Windows Server 2012, VPN, DNS and VMware skills. In addition to your daily support tasks you will also be given the opportunity to participate in IT projects as and when required.
What You will be doing:
- Acceptance and resolution of 2nd/ 3rd line support calls
- Completion of controlled upgrades / fixes to the Infrastructure
- Review and make recommendations for improvements to current infrastructure and solutions.
- Installing, supporting and maintaining new servernetwork hardware and software infrastructure.
- Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection;
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Monitoring network usage.
- Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers.
- Suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Ensuring that all IT solutions comply with Group and industry standards.
- Analysing and resolving faults, ranging from a major system crash to a forgotten password.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet.
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Working closely with other departments/organisations and collaborating with other IT staff.
- Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work;
- Managing the company web servers and monitoring performance.
- Tracking resolution of all open incidents both internally and with third parties (when required) to ensure that SLA’s are met and escalating to the Head of IT where appropriate
- Support the IT Services Coordinator in providing the Divisional IT Support Service.
- Initiation of escalation procedures when incidents are not resolved within the required Service Level.
- Out of hours work may be required.
- Solid Windows Server 2012 experience
- Active Directory, DNS, Windows Servers / infrastructures up to 2016.
- Office 365
- Remote Desktop Services
- MS SQL 2005 to latest (desirable)
- Juniper, Cisco & Watchguard Firewalls
- Cisco (routers & switches)
- HP & Cisco Network Switching
- Backup Software (Veeam)
- IP Telephony
Keywords: IT Infrastructure Engineer, Technical Support, Server Support, Desktop Support, Service Desk Support Analyst, IT Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, ITIL, ITIL Foundation V3, Active Directory, DNS, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, VPN, DNS, VMware, MS Office Suite, Office 365, MS Office 2010, Mitel, Sophos Cloud AV, South London
This is a permanent position