This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned, senior level publications focused senior level medial writer and Senior Editorial Manager to join a global agency that offer high-quality medical writing and editing services to multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. They work with over 25 pharmaceutical clients located in the UK, US, EU, and APAC and require a highly experienced candidate to join their team of world-class medical writers and work in a dynamic, fast-paced global role as a Scientific Director. They are looking for someone with expertise in the therapeutic areas of oncology and cardiology, specialising in publications.
- Advanced ability to write and edit medical publications and layout posters and PowerPoint slides; research journals; medical/copy editor; critical thinker; ensures quality control/data accuracy and compliance
- Oversee and be accountable for quality of publications written by scientific writers globally.
- Detailed reviewing of drafts with a good balance of directive comments and in-line edits, prepare outlines for writers to develop into drafts; write abstracts for post-hoc subgroup/exploratory analysis
- Build writing skills and competencies of the assigned writing team and develop reviewing capabilities of Associate Medical Directors
- Leaders and vendor-provided Global Publication Associates as well as clients Global Publication Directors; communicate directly with client’s scientific community Biostats and Analysis & Reporting teams.
- deep understanding of medical publications strategies; Developing strategy, planning, and implementation of publication plans
- Identifying training needs for the team and working with the Quality and Training manager to identify/develop appropriate training programs
- Delivering medical writing seminars and workshops to thought leaders and clinical/scientific investigators in a variety of locations, worldwide (in person and via webinar technologies)
The deal candidate has the following profile:
- Advanced life science or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, or MD)
- At least 2-3 years of core writing experience and 3-5 years in a Senior Editorial Management role with premier global medical communications agencies, preferably in an agency environment and including both publication and medical communication activities along with CMPP certification (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work across therapeutic areas
- Ability to develop strategy and tactics for publication plans (including but not limited to publication planning development, regional publication planning, gap analysis, literature surveillance, thought leader plans, and communication platforms)
- Thorough understanding of DataVision.
- Dynamic personality
London, scientific Director, south east, principal medical writer, editorial team leader, science, scientific, healthcare, health, phd, medical communications, publications, publication planning, strategy, Datavision, cardiology, oncology, homeworking, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life science, medical education.