- Production Engineering Technician
- Swindon, Wiltshire
- Leading Pharmaceutical company with fascinating products
- Salary around £40,000 (£26k - £27k + 50% shift allowance)
- Permanent role with excellent opportunities
- Clean room experience ESSENTIAL
- GMP experience PREFERRED (ISO also considered)
A brand new role has arisen in Swindon for a Production Engineering Technician with some experience from a regulated clean room environment. You will work 3 x 12-hour days, then 3 off, then 3 x 12-hour nights, then 3 off, and for this you will receive 50% (yes, 50%!) shift allowance, taking your earnings up to around £40,000. If you are a capable Engineer with a mechanical / electrical background, preferably gained through an apprenticeship and some further experience (ideally in a GMP or ISO clean room), this will be an excellent career opportunity.
The company is a well established, expanding and highly respected contract manufacturing and packaging organisation who service a global customer base. The Swindon operation offers “state-of-the art” automated production facilities manufacturing and packaging fast dissolving drug doses. The company offer innovative solutions with high quality, service and delivery standards in a fully cGMP compliant environment.
This is a varied shift based role (revolving 3 x 12 hour days / 3 off / 3 x 12-hour nights / 3 off) covering the following responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance on production machinery in line with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Diagnose causes of, and repair equipment breakdowns. Focusing on a “First Time Fix” methodology.
- Carry out root cause analysis of plant downtime as required, embedding a robust improvement philosophy within the engineering team.
- Carry out tool changes on production equipment to within established methods and quality standards.
- Use the engineering computer system to record all work, to enable accurate machine history and effectively planned routine maintenance records.
- Accurately complete all relevant operational documentation to a high standard as required.
- Provide detailed handovers at the end of each shift when required.
- Ensure all work complies with SOP’s and site Health & Safety standards.
- Refurbish spare parts and other components as directed by the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Work with and assist contractors and project teams on installation work.
- Support efforts to improve equipment reliability as directed by the site management.
- Support Operational Excellence initiatives as directed by the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards at all times.
- Assist with machine engineering improvements as directed by the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Deliver greater plant reliability through effective engineering practices, always aiming for sustainable greater up-time and reliability of plant and equipment through all/any engineering activities carried out.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Production Engineer, ideally whose career started with an apprenticeship. You must have some experience in a regulated production setting, ideally a following GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards, perhaps from the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Diagnostics or Food manufacturing / packaging industries. You will need to feel comfortable working alternating day / night shifts and you will ideally have your own transport.
Production Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Engineering Technician, Eng Tech, Maintenance Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Service Engineer, Production Engineer, GMP, cGMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, Shift Engineer, NVQ Level 3 Diploma Electrical Engineering, 17th Edition City & Guilds 2382-15, 17th Edition C&G 2382-15, Pharmaceutical, FMCG, Food Production,
This is a permanent position