Based in Crawley, West Sussex this opportunity is with a market leading and rapidly growing luxury specialist holiday provider. This is a diverse role working across the business defining and delivering IT infrastructure projects and programmes for the IT Operations team. As a Project Manager, the role involves understanding business goals that can be addressed by technology based solutions, undertaking requirements and business analysis then ensuring solutions are delivered on time and to specification. The job holder will use a range of project management and reporting tools in line with company standards.
The company offers a dynamic, supportive and expanding environment where career learning and development are actively encouraged. They are an innovator within the luxury and specialist travel sector owning the industry’s largest portfolio of over 50 independently operated brands many of which are market leaders and household names. Their holidays cover a broad range including luxury travel/accommodation, tailor made holidays, sailing, safaris, sports tours, adventure tours and expeditions.
The Senior IT Project Manager will lead a host of complex infrastructure focused initiatives, working with Project Sponsors and other stakeholders to understand the business needs that drive them plus working with IT teams to delivery technology lead solutions. The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating project solution design with technical teams and project sponsors.
- Supporting the project sponsors with the formulation of business cases with technical feasibility, project planning and budgeting tasks.
- Working with the technology teams to understand the user and technology implications for the roadmap, and plan alternatives to achieve the objectives.
- Regularly updating the delivery plans to reflect changing circumstances, and communicate the plans to the business on a regular basis, highlighting progress against critical milestones plus risks and issues.
- Ensuring projects adhere to the relevant project methodology and structured framework (PID, RACI, etc.); including requirements capture and prioritisation, scoping and specification, communication and project updates, change control, implementation and sufficient business and technical testing.
- Coordinating resources and resolve any resources clashes to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Manage change control, updating the plans for delivery as required.
- Effectively communicating and report on projects on a weekly and monthly basis, to the relevant forums.
- Ensuring projects have adequate documentation to handover developments to the wider business and IT support teams for operational deployment.
- Maintaining a project log of risks and issues, escalating where relevant.
We are seeking a Project Manager with proven experience in managing complex IT infrastructure style projects who has a good understanding of core project management and software development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Prince2 etc. You will have a record of exceeding delivery targets backed by excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. You will be able to operate at all levels of the business with the ability to translate technology terms into appropriate language that can be understood by business stakeholders.
Keywords: IT Project Management, Senior IT Project Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, Senior Infrastructure Project Manager, Agile, Waterfall, Prince2, IT Infrastructure, Software Development, Stakeholder Management, Resource Management, Gatwick Area, Crawley, West Sussex, East Sussex, Surrey, South East,
This is a permanent vacancy