The purpose of this site is to be a state of the art and world leading innovation centre for the manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies. To complement the already established sites from when the company began in 2012 which focus on translational R&D in Central London. With their Stevenage facility operating on a multi occupational basis with the purpose for GMP manufacture of therapies for clinical trials. This new Braintree facility which has been recently acquired and into which they are investing £55 million initially. This will be followed by a further £110 million over the next five years. To complete the modernisation and expansion of the site to become the world leading centre it has the potential to be.
Purpose of the Role:
The Analytical Development Scientist is a high-profile position that has been newly created within the MSAT team to complement the Upstream & Downstream functions. There is a team of Analytical Scientists in place who will report into the Senior Scientist. The purpose of this role is to develop analytical methods to be used within Process Development, Tech Transfer and Quality departments for example. This is a high profile team where you will gain exposure to develop your career further by being part of cutting edge projects.
- Execute experimental programmes in the laboratory, contributing to the development of projects.
- Use your molecular biology and analytical expertise to develop & optimise methods for use in production, tech transfer and quality control – PCR, and Flow cytometry for example.
- Collaboratively develop analytical method protocols.
- Work in collaboration with other teams to develop bespoke methods – Upstream & Downstream Process Development, Quality and Tech Transfer.
- Interaction with industry and academic groups to provide scientific solutions for QC of cell therapy and other products.
- Work closely with MSAT Lead and Senior Analytical Development & Senior Analytical Scientist to ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Commercial experience of Analytical Development as part of Process Development or MSAT teams or Quality Control.
- Expertise in the development and optimisation of methods including PCR, Flow Cytometry and Cell Potency Assays for example.
- Experience in working in Vaccines, Cell Therapy, Gene Therapy, ATMP, Biologics, Viral Vector, or related environments.
- Educated to in a Life Science to BSc as a minimum.
The company were established in 2012 with the purpose to make the UK the place to commercialise Cell & Gene Therapies working in collaboration with partner based in the UK, Europe, US and Asia for example. They offer cutting edge technology, services, and capabilities to take a therapy across the translational gap; into the clinic, through clinical trials to launch. Offering the capabilities to fully commercialise these life changing therapies. With the drive to continually evolve to meet the continuing needs of the sector and address the key challenges faced successfully.