The Role of Scientist:
As a Scientist you will be providing input into the design of experimental programmes working with Lead and Senior Scientists across groups. With the purpose to apply your technical expertise to develop molecular biology-based assays for viral vector product and impurity characterisation. The strategy for vial vectors is to focus on the development of manufacturing processes and associated analytics for viral mediated gene therapy manufacture.
- Working in a matrix environment to apply your molecular biology expertise to influence the design of analytical programmes.
- Execute lab-based development of assays working across a diverse range of projects to develop novel assays.
- Collaborate with process & analytical development teams in the R&D group to achieve project aims.
- Oversee and mentor mor junior members of staff.
- Develop and write SOP’s for analytical process including the training of other team members.
- Analyse raw data and then present this to project teams, colleagues, and external collaborators.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or MSc with commercial experience in a relevant commercial area.
- Experience in at least 2 of the following techniques:
- qPCR / ddPCR – primer design, DNA/RNA isolation & purification
- NGS / Next Generation Sequencing of DNA and RNA, library preparation.
- ELISA including development and optimisation
- Flow Cytometry – optimisation and data analysis.
- Experience of assay qualification is desirable.
- Experience of mammalian cell culture is desirable.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.