A Lab Technician is required to join a Medical School in East Sussex. You will be responsible for Maintaining and Supporting the Lab.
The role is initially a 3 Month contract position, with a good chance of extension beyond this. Their lab is based in East Sussex. For a highly experienced Lab Technician who can fulfil all the essential criteria, is a competitive hourly rate depending on experience which is equivalent to £22,250 per annum.
Key responsibilities for the Lab Technician role:
- Ensure all regulations and policies are always being followed.
- Ensure all work is documented.
- You will be responsible for H&S.
- Ensure all chemicals are stored correctly.
- Assist with practical sessions.
- Prepare materials.
- Set up and close down lab equipment.
- Maintain equipment.
- Identify issues when resolving problems and follow procedures and policies to resolve.
- Ability to make effective solutions and effective decisions.
- You will work with internal and external stakeholders, colleagues and students.
- Lab experience
- Chemistry or Biology background is essential
- Lab experience and competent in using some basic lab equipment
- An understanding of safety when handling, storing and disposing harmful chemical or biological materials
Please forward your CV to email@example.com or phone 01403 216216 where we I would be happy to tell you more about this exciting opportunity.