Looking for a competent Mechanical Engineer that will be able to provide their expertise in the development of new products and technologies. This role is very diverse and will require the applicant to get involved in every discipline of the product development process, from concept generation to its final delivery.
Collaboration is vital to how they work, as is the specific skill that each individual brings to their team. You will be a team-player, passionate about mechanics, life science and technologies. You’ll enjoy problem-solving and working in a fast-paced, varied consultancy environment. You’d also have to feel confident when discussing project objectives and challenges with all stakeholders, including clients. Ideally you will have 2 or more years’ experience in a hands-on engineering product development role.
Relevant knowledge, Skills and Competencies
While you do not need to fulfil all of these, please ensure you meet the majority before making an application.
- 1st or Upper 2nd, Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design
- 2+ years’ hands-on engineering experience in product development
- Experience of the product development process, from concept through to manufacture and of mechanical systems and products
- A keen focus on the use of robust engineering principles and analysis techniques
- Ability to translate designs into working prototypes
- Commercial awareness from a company and client perspective
- Exposure to client relationship management and development; ideally consultancy experience
- Understanding and working within multi-disciplinary teams (i.e. alongside industrial design, electronics and software, prototyping etc)
- Medical device development experience including Risk
- Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid or thermodynamic systems (potentially FEA or CFD)
- Design for manufacture including materials selection using manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, machining, sheet metal, forming
- Tolerance analysis, design specification & 2D drawings.
- Experience using SolidWorks & other CAD packages (e.g.Creo, AutoCAD, Fusion 360)