OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE SPECIALIST – 12 months Fixed Term Contract - Stevenage
Are you an experienced Operational Excellence Specialist with a background in a commercial Pharmaceutical, ATMP or Biologics environment with a passion for life sciences? My client, who are at the forefront of advancing the growth of the UK cell and gene therapy industry, seeks an experienced Operational Excellence Specialist with a proven track record of identifying and delivering improvement initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be involved in delivering a site-wide programme. Working as part of the OE team, you will lead and execute the operational improvement initiatives at their manufacturing centre and will be responsible for identifying improvement opportunities and facilitating and leading OE events. The company pays a generous salary and will offer a range of projects in which you can have significant involvement.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Identifying and leading operational improvements.
- Working closely with department heads to help identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Lead and facilitate OE events/projects consisting of cross-functional teams.
- Deliver end-to-end accelerated processes to minimise production cycle time (vein-to-delivery) across all operational functions.
- Use standardised OE tools and methodologies to ensure successful delivery of events.
- Adhere to project governance processes providing clarity on objectives, scope, risks, dependencies, timelines, and measures of success.
- Ensure all events/project life cycles are managed to completion and to budget.
- Contribute and encourage an atmosphere of continuous improvement by championing the OE strategy.
The right candidate for this role will have the following profile:
- Proven experience of working within an operations environment preferably gained within a Pharmaceutical, ATMP or biopharmaceuticals. Candidates will also be considered from other biological settings if they can demonstrate sufficient transferable skills.
- Proven experience of using industry standard continuous improvement techniques such as Lean Six Sigma.
- A six-sigma green belt would be helpful but is not essential.
- A background in 5S, Kanban, Kaizen will also be advantageous.
- Experience of working within a GMP environment.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an inspirational organisation and make a real difference to the cell and gene landscape where you will play a key role in operational excellence. This is a 12-month fixed term role initially, offering a salary up to £58,000 with the strong possibility that the role may extend or become permanent.