The role involves environmental monitoring, QC testing and laboratory compliance.
The role is initially a 6 month contract position, with a good chance of extension beyond this. This role is based in West Sussex and there is a competitive hourly rate ranging up to £15 per hour depending on experience, which equivalents to £24,000
QC Scientist - Main Responsibilities:
- Perform routine monitoring within classified areas to ensure all areas meet regulatory requirements
- Perform routine analytical testing on raw and source materials following Pharmacopeia
- Prepare and test samples in support of in process monitoring for production
- Prepare reagents and solutions for use in analysis.
- Perform routine analytical testing of finished products for the purposes of release in accordance with the standard analytical methods and the weekly test schedule
- Perform any additional analysis in support of development projects or as part of investigations for out of specifications/out of expectations
- Ensure analysis is performed in accordance to standard operating procedures, Good laboratory practice and Good manufacturing practice
- Complete all laboratory notebooks, logs and records in accordance with good documentation practice
- Enter data onto the LIMS system
- Act as checker for analyst methods and test results and validate in LIMS
- To appropriately raise and report any potential or confirmed OOS and deviations and notify the relevant departments
- Perform bench freeze on all carried out analysis/testing
- Perform and report assay and product trending
- Support projects run by Stability, Science or Process Improvement
QC Scientist – Experience:
- Relevant Science A levels, Science Degree or BTEC
- Basic Scientific knowledge & understanding
- Scientific interest and willing to learn
- IT skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.