They are now recruiting for an R&D Project Manager to take ownership of the day-to-day management of various projects and programmes. You would require working 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. The company has a fantastic collaborative work environment, they are a fast – paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators.
The role comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits and perks that can be discussed on application.
Purpose of the Project Manager:
The purpose of the Project Manager is to lead and drive innovative early – stage development projects taking these from inception through to close out. Driving these forwards at each stage by working closely with colleagues, senior managers, the executive team and key external stakeholders to achieve agreed outcomes.
An overview of the responsibilities includes:
- Lead projects from end to end – working to set out the scope, costs, sales price, programme and timelines.
- Work closely with SMEs, senior managers and the executive team to ensure projects reach key milestones and completion on time and in budget
- Be the key point of contact for customers for their bespoke projects
- Monitor the progress of projects, escalating issues should they arise using scientific and technical expertise
- Provide regular reports to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate activities with the relevant internal teams and ensure they are on track working in a matrix environment.
Desired Skills & expertise:
- A higher degree level in relevant biological subject
- Strong project management experience in early -stage development working in biotech or biopharma
- Project management experience in the cell and gene therapy sector, gained either through post – doctoral placements or industry experience
- Knowledge of quality systems such as ISO, GLP or GMP for example
- Demonstrable project management experience, project management qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE2 would be desirable