The Role of Scientist:
As a Scientist you will be providing input into the design of and driving programmes in the laboratories which are focusing on the translation of pluripotent stem cell-based therapies. With the focus on the development of bespoke expansion and differentiation protocols You will be working with Senior and Lead Scientists to influence and contribute to the design of experimental programs and lead their execution in the laboratories.
- Contribute to the design of projects, working with the Senior and Lead Scientists to establish these.
- Execute lab-based R&D projects applying your knowledge of Pluripotent Stem Cells (PSC’s) to develop characterisation and expansion and differentiation processes.
- Support the translation of research-based processes into clinical manufacturing protocols.
- Plan, write, and execute scientific protocols.
- Mentor and guide more junior team members.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- PhD or MSc in relevant area
- Good knowledge of human pluripotent stem cell biology with expertise in maintenance and differentiation essential.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and analytical techniques such as flow cytometry, PCR, cell counts is essential.
- Experience of haematopoietic lineage (e.g., hematopoietic progenitor cells, lymphocytes, NK cells) is advantageous to your application
- Experience of novel cell processing (e.g., upstream processing) is advantageous
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.