This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who are developing an entirely new class of therapeutics. They are seeking a Senior Scientist to join their Viral Vector Process Development team which is expanding to meet the company’s growing ambitions and delivery of these life changing therapies. What is key is that you will be using your scientific expertise in this role to actively influence the translation of the therapies.
- Design and execute experimental programmes to optimise mammalian cell culture processes for novel viral vector products.
- Lead the optimisation and scale up of processes from 10L to 200L
- Oversee the development of harvest material for purification in collaboration with the downstream group.
- Supervise more junior members of the team and provide scientific direction.
- Work in close collaboration with the R&D, Cell Line Development, DSP, Manufacturing Development and Quality Groups as a responsible member of the USP team.
Key Experience & Qualifications:
For this opportunity you will need:
- A PhD or MSc / BSc in a relevant scientific area
- Experience of Upstream Process Development of Viral Vectors – e.g., AAV, Lentiviral, Adenoviral, and Retroviral
- Expertise in mammalian suspension cell culture – both fed batch and / or batch process development.
- Expertise in the optimisation of upstream processest
- Experienced in the development of basal medium & feed control and optmisation strategies.
The company are privately held and are focused on harnessing the potential of exosomes because of the natural delivery capabilities and develop a new class of therapeutics. Their mission is to positively impact human health, which is an ethos that drives all they do, to treat challenging diseases with limited treatment options. They have the technology and ability to modify exosomes using their proprietary technology such as molecular engineering, drug loading, and targeting strategies. With the purpose to facilitate the delivery of therapies to the areas of interest such as the brain and central nervous system.
This approach addresses the short comings of other delivery methods because therapies can be delivered to cells and tissues that are out of reach to current methods including protein, antibody and nucleic acid-based therapies. To complement the science the company has a fantastic culture that invests in people but importantly the laboratories to ensure they stay at the forefront of the sector. Offering a rewarding career at the cutting edge of science where you can develop your career over time as they continue to develop.