They are seeking a Senior Scientist Upstream Process Development to join their Process Development Group. The Upstream PD involves both internal platform development and commercial projects focusing on improving and expanding capabilities for viral vector production processes.
As a Senior Scientist you will be the SME for upstream activities with the Process Development Group and work closely with the Group Leader. The Senior Scientist will be the technical lead in the group by specifying and implement scalable processes for viral vector production in suspension-based mammalian cell culture.
The responsibilities of the Senior Scientist – Upstream Process Development includes:
- You will be he technical lead in the development of scalable viral vector production using suspended mammalian cell culture.
- Be the SME for upstream development and scake up activities, icnlduign latest developments in the field.
- Lead, plan and implement viral vector production from 1L to 10L scale.
- Tech Transfer activities for material evaluation for commercial and business partners.
- Adopt statistical approaches for process optimization at small (15ml to 25ml) scale
- Develop and implement processes for mammalian production systems.
- Line manage 2 members of staff
- Support and contribute to the protection and assessment of intellectual property, and the preparation of publication materials.
They are seeking a scientist with the following experience:
- PhD or MSc in a relevant scientific area.
- Prior experience of Upstream Process Development of Viral Vectors, VLP, T – Cells, Mammalian Cells, or related materials.
- Prior experience of working with bioreactors up to 10L scale for mammalian cell culture e.g. ambr15, DASGIP 1L, 3L, 10L or equivalent
- Experience in the application of statistical approaches
- Understanding of bioreactor scaling up parameters – and transition between scales.
- Supervision / line management experience.
The company are a pioneering Biotech based on the outskirts of Oxford and Biotech who are developing technologies aimed at accelerating the discovery and manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies. Their discovery technologies help develop CAR – T, T – Cell, CRISPR, Antibody Discovery, and Capsid R&D programmes to aid their translation to the clinic. Their manufacturing expertise aims to accelerate the development of scalable manufacture of lentiviral AAV or adenoviral based therapeutics.
They have a strong culture that is focused on scientific excellence and innovation working in a collaborative environment to ensure they continue to develop new concepts. They have a strong rewards and recognition programme ranging from on-the-spot rewards to recognising long term achievements. As a company they offer excellent career progression based on not only their expansion plans but also their track record for regular promotions, as well as providing training needed to be able to take the next step in your career.