Leading Highway Service business currently requires a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer with strong network and systems administration knowledge to join its IT team in Horsham, West Sussex.
Forming part of the broader IT team, the infrastructure team consists of seven people, and is tasked with provided 3rd line support across the businesses networks. As such, working as Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for providing both network fault resolution and general system administration, as well as taking part in project based work.
Ensuring up-time, availability, responsiveness and monitoring, you will also support incidents and service requests escalated from the 1st and 2nd line service desk.
Specifically, the Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Fully configure, support, maintain and upgrade networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new network hardware and systems, including working at other locations as required
- Configure, manage and maintain voice service, VoIP, PSTN and VC
- Ensure that the network is secure
- Work with and maintain operational relationship with external network providers
- Deploy defined network and system solutions for permanent and temporary locations
- Implement network policies and procedures
- Maintain firmware levels and ensure configurations are saved
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Undertake proactive maintenance to prevent Incidents occurring, including advice and guidance on best practice
- Create and maintain processes to manage repeatedly logged Incidents
- Provide assistance with the build and ongoing support of Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016desktop Windows 7/8/10, laptop Windows 7/8/10 and future operating systems
- Provide assistance with mobile device configuration and management
- Assist with the restoration of ICT services following system or network outages
- Provide backup to ICT Service Desk when required and support at other locations as requested
- Some occasional travel may be required
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will have demonstrable experience working within a 3rd Line Support vacancy and be able to exhibit demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Cisco/Juniper, Pulse Secure and Fortigate management and configuration skills
- Squid proxy support
- Linux support
- Excellent understanding of AD, GPO and DNS, FSMO
- SCCM including imaging and software packaging
- Web server administration
- Powershell scripting
- Virtualisation skills
- Network maintenance and security
- Understanding of MPLS, WAN and ADSL/FTTC/Fibre/3G/4G etc.
- IP and digital telephony
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment preferred
Please note that experience in all the above areas is not necessary.
In reward for your valuable contribution, you will be rewarded with a salary of circa £35,000 plus 25 days holiday, a pension and the ability to supplement your income through an ongoing on-call support rota.
Keywords: 3rd Line Support Engineer, System Administration, Network Administration, Horsham, West Sussex
This is a permanent vacancy