My client is a thriving independent medical communication agency in central London, looking for an exceptional Account Director to lead and support a range of busy accounts with a strong focus in the areas of Diabetes and Respiratory.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day leading of the account team(s), have experience of managing large/multiple accounts, and have responsibility for the financial health of the account(s), including accurate forecasting and meeting financial targets in consultation with the CSD.
You will be able to apply in-depth scientific and commercial expertise in order to provide strategic advice and consultancy to clients. Tasked with ensuring plans are in place for the organic growth of the account, as well as participating in the development and implementation of new business opportunities. You take responsibility for the performance and development of client services staff and have prior experience in line management.
- A thorough understanding of the medical communication and education environment,
the healthcare community and the role of pharmaceutical companies in the provision of
- A solid understanding of environmental factors and scientific/medical information that
may impact client accounts negatively or positively, and is able to make appropriate
- Experience of working within the publications unit to understand all processes relating
to publication planning
- Develop and maintains excellent relationships with clients and healthcare professionals and
provides high-quality scientific support services, as needed
- The ability to work across different accounts and therapy areas
- Life science degree , ideally combined with a higher qualification (e.g. MSc, PhD)
- Solid track record (approx. 5+ years) in the medical communication and education industry
and in leading projects within an agency environment
- Experience of leading financial management of account(s)
- Extensive experience of working effectively within a team environment, with clients and with
- Experience of leading, motivating and line managing client services staff in an agency environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders through multiple channels
- Excellent written English, attention to detail and proven presentation skills
- IT literate (use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Interested? Please get in touch with your CV for a full job description and information about the agencyKey words: Account director, programme director, London, MedComms, Medical communications, medical education, MedEd Agency ,Healthcare Communications, symposium, congress, events, slide kits, KOL, Healthcare Advertising, PhD, BSc, science, Healthcare Communications, Medical Information, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Healthcare Marketing, Ethical Healthcare, Consumer Healthcare, Healthcare Adverting agency, MedComms Agency, MedComs Agency, Medical Education Agency, Med Ed Agency, editorial, manuscripts, editor, publishing, publication plan, Diabetes and Respiratory.
This is a permanent role