You will join an exciting and innovative business whose mission is to provide services across the drug development lifecycle to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors. The Loughborough site is a contract development and manufacturing facility, producing new Pharmaceutical products for early phase clinical projects. They work to strict GMP guidelines and have a start-of-the-art facility, offering excellent opportunities for career progression.
You will provide technical leadership and coaching for senior analysts, analysts, and technicians to enable the delivery of projects. Using your technical skills of testing raw materials according to various pharmacopoeias, method development validation you will develop solutions to technical problems and defining analytical strategies for ongoing projects. You will use your excellent communication skills to update internal customers on the development of various projects.
Skills and Experience Required
- BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component
- Leading analytical activities for Pharmaceutical drug products in a GMP environment through all phases of pharmaceutical product lifecycle
- Supervising GMP laboratory activities and staff
- Analytical method development, this must include a high level of HPLC and raw material testing to all pharmacopoeia (British, European etc.) excipients and API ie USP and EP tests, FT-IR, UV-Vis, GC, KF, Autotitration
- Experience in Cleaning Validation and Verification
- Techniques used in the analysis of solid oral dosage forms ie HPLC, KF, Dissolution, Disintegration
- Chromatography Data System such as Empower
- Experience of client interaction (internal) preferably in a contract manufacturing organisation
- Strong empathic communication skills
- Experience of scheduling and planning workloads, resource and equipment.