An Analytical Scientist is required to join one of the UK’s top Pharmaceutical Companies, who are known for discovering and developing new and better ways to Treat Diseases. You will be part of a team developing innovative drugs.
The role is a 12-month contract and it’s based in Kent. There is a competitive hourly rate of up to £22.07 working through an umbrella company.
- Perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Lead Scientist
- Generate accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using laboratory techniques.
- Process data accurately and use spreadsheets such as excel for calculations.
- Identify issues with data and troubleshoot the cause of the issues.
- Develop assay methods for trace analysis and perform validation.
- Transfer analytical methods to other laboratories and remote sites.
- Experience in a Research & Development analytical laboratory setting.
- Qualification in Chemistry.
- Knowledge of HPLC
- Knowledge of GC and ion chromatography will be given preference.
- Good understanding of chromatography principles, set up of instrumentation and knowledge to adapt methods to overcome issues.
- Must possess basic knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
- Method development and validation experience is highly desired.
- Experience of pharmaceutical analysis is highly desired.