An urgent contract role has arisen for an AAT-qualified Assistant Accountant, to join a fast-paced and highly respected Pharmaceutical organisation in Bolton, Lancashire. If you have strong Excel and Word skills, with experience of using an ERP system in a manufacturing (or similar) business, this will be an excellent way to start 2018.
This position is a contract with an immediate start, for 2 months initially but with a good chance of longer-term extension, and you will be paid around £15 / hour, which is equivalent to around £29,000 salary. The company is ideally looking for an immediate starter and you will work 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (though you may need to work some extra time over the month end).
The company benefits from being part of a highly respected global group, offering drug development, packaging and warehouse services within the pharmaceutical sector. Operating as an autonomous business, the Bolton site distributes pharmaceutical products worldwide that are being used in tests to ascertain their safety and effectiveness.
This role is the key support to the financial controller, covering the following finance areas:
- Property, Plant & Equipment - ensuring integrity of the ledgers, creating new assets, retiring assets, maintaining fixed asset tracker, adding items to CCS Prepayments
- Managing entries and reconciling various prepayment related balance sheet accounts (e.g. insurance, real estate, invoice prepaids)
- Accruals - Managing entries and reconciling sundry accruals, audit fees, legal accruals, customer recharges, tooling costs
- Commercial Revenue - ensuring revenue per supply chain agrees to revenue per JDE and checking for issues with standard cost of goods sold
- Development Revenue - maintaining complex development revenue spreadsheet, holding regular meetings to review revenue recognition time points
- General Ledger maintenance - posting batches, reoccurring journals entries
- Reporting (MRP / QRP) - completion of MRP, QRP and Flux files for review by FC
- Global metrics collation - population and liaison with business on weekly global metrics data.
- Headcount reporting - maintenance of headcount data
You will ensure accurate and timely client billing and recognition of revenue in line with contractual terms, ensuring compliance with the company revenue recognition policies. You will also ensure accurate and timely billing of all third party costs, working closely with AP team to ensure costs are allocated correctly and subsequently billed onto clients. You will assist in resolving Aged debt issues liaising between client and project management ensuring a clean AR position. This role will also give you the opportunity to help with preparing Financial Reporting, providing accurate monthly / yearly financial reports to present to Management. This will include analysis of revenue vs costs to ensure a good contribution margin; and you will also assist with forecasting of cash flow trends to ensure the bank does not run into deficit.
The successful candidate will be a bright, energetic individual with good all round Accounts expertise, who thrives on working in a small team and is happy to take on a wide range of activities. You will need excellent Excel skills with the ability to use and create pivot tables as well as manipulate data. Experience of working with an ERP system from a manufacturing (or similar) organisation will be a strong advantage and you will need to have AAT qualification. This role could have an immediate start, so apply now!