The Role of Senior Scientist:
As a Scientist you will contributing to the design of experimental programmes and then execute these in the laboratories. The focus of these will be on the programming the workflows for assays on liquid handlers such as Biomek, Tecan, and Hamilton. Working at the bench to develop the process flows to translate the assays to the automated platforms and troubleshoot any issues that arise. As this is a newly established team you will gain significant exposure that will help propel your career forwards.
- Contribute to the design of experimental programmes using your Automation expertise to influence these and execute experimental programmes in the laboratories.
- Support the translation of research-based manufacturing & analytical processes to scalable clinical protocols through the development of automated processes.
- Operate in the laboratories across a range of programmes applying your assay automation to reduce manual error and increase sample throughput.
- Work with analytical and process development scientists internally, plus academia and industry.
- Develop bespoke automated cell-based and molecular biology assays to liquid handling platforms and robotic methods.
- Apply scientific expertise to troubleshoot automated and high throughput analytical and manufacturing processes.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- MSc or PhD in relevant area is essential – molecular biology, cell biology, etc.
- Expertise in the automation of protein and / or molecular biological techniques.
- Experience of using liquid handling platforms such as Biomek, Tecan and / or Hamilton.
- Experience of troubleshooting, developing or optimising assays is essential.
- Experience of using programming languages such as VBA, Python and or R is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of using assays such as qPCR and / or ELISA is advantageous but not essential.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To complement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.