As a company they collaborate with industry and academia to ensure these life changing therapies reach patients. They offer cutting edge capabilities to take products to clinical trials through the application of their process development, manufacturing and analytical sciences. Using their innovative approaches to solve complex problems.
The purpose of this role is to apply your expertise in support of their developing biomarker discovery capabilities. Working across a range of projects taking a central role through the application of metabolomics and / or proteomics to accelerate the development of Cell & Gene therapy products. Added to this you will be a key part of the integration of process analytical technologies to develop next generation manufacturing platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, write, and execute complex experimental programmes.
- Support the development of an LC – MS platform including library creation for the discovery of metabolomic and proteomic biomarkers
- Develop, validate, qualify state of the art mass spec assays for the analysis of biological matrices.
- Apply expertise of metabolomics datasets to characterise and opitmise cell culture processes.
- Analyse data sets and work in collaboration with statisticians and data scientists to deliver results
- Expertise in the design and execution of LC_MS studies to identify protein or metabolite biomarkers.
- Expertise in the application of mass spec methods for metabolomics or proteomics.
- Experience of method development, trouble shooting and data analysis
- Background in the analysis of omics based datasets and use of software such as MATLAB, R, Spotfire etc.
- Relevant PhD or MSC and commercial experience.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.