The Role of Scientist:
As a Scientist you will be providing input into the design of and driving programmes in the laboratories which are focusing on the translation of cell & gene therapies. You will be an integral member of the R&D team and work with colleagues based at their manufacturing sites in Stevenage and Braintree. With the aim to use your expertise of Biophysics and apply this to the biophysical characterization of systems of interest for example. But what is key is that this will not be your sole focus as you will be working with colleagues to apply your expertise in new and innovative ways.
- Contribute to the design of projects from a Biophysics perspective, working with the Senior and Lead Scientists to establish these.
- Execute lab-based R&D projects applying your knowledge of Biophysics to develop analytical methods for the biophysical characterisation of systems of interest for example.
- Work in both the labs and undertake computer based work at their London site and in support of their other manufacturing sites across a range of projects.
- Support the translation of research-based processes into clinical manufacturing protocols.
- Plan, write, and execute scientific protocols.
- Mentor and guide more junior team members.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- PhD or MSc in relevant area with additional experience.
- Extensive experience in biophysics / physical chemistry.
- Experience of applying physical theory and mathematical approaches to understand nanoscale and biophysical systems.
- Ability to apply experimental methodologies for the characterisation nanoscale and biophysical systems and their interactions.
- Experience of biological formulations or molecular dynamics is desirable.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To complement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.