I am currently working with a brilliant client who are a Global market leader within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Crop Science and Consumer Health industries who have been operating for over 150 years. The company places a real emphasis on sustainable development and generates a positive influence and impact with their business. The company offers an excellent work environment and encourages flexibility to allow for a work-home life balance as they believe this is critical to ensure that they provide the most supportive environment.
I am headhunting for their consumer health department for an experienced Business Controller. They are ideally looking for someone who has worked in a pharma, healthcare or biotech environment in an accounts or finance role. The successful candidate will also have an AAT, CIMA qualification or an accounts or finance equivalent degree.
The role is initially a 6 month contract position, with a good chance of extension beyond this. This is a hybrid position commuting 1 or 2 days a week to their Berkshire office. For a highly experienced Business Controller who can fulfil all of the essential criteria, is a competitive day rate ranging up to £256 per day depending on experience which equivalents to £45,000 per annum.
Key Responsibilities for the Business Controller role:
- Execution of operational controlling tasks
- Preparation and coordination of month end accounts, forecast and budget planning (P&L items; sales & costs
- Monthly tracking and governance of provisions as part of risk management measures
- Support in delivery of short-term financial forecasts, e.g. Quarter end, Health check etc
- Preparation of monthly reporting including data uploads for local reporting tools e.g. tableau.