Strong and well established Business Development specialist with a passion for digital and healthcare is required by newly established and growing Kent based medical communications agency.
You will drive the development of the agency by leading the creation of new business opportunities. You will work with senior stakeholders, influencers and decision makers within client organisations, positioning the agency in line with their business development plan.
- Proven BDM with Medical Communications experience, dealing directly with Pharma
- Great potential for swift progression
- Medical Education - Meetings and digital focus
- Based in Kent
- Competitive Salary
It is my clients mission to combine scientific insights, strategic thinking and innovative technologies for better healthcare outcomes. They believe health communications should be creative and engaging, robust and compliant. Along side digital, they understand how to influence behavior change and the regulatory shere in which they operate – combining all to deliver solutions that really solve.
The current medcomms workflows are digital content generation, medical writing and event planning & execution including symposia and advisory boards.
Skills and knowledge required
- Degree level in a biological/medical science preferable
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an agency, medical communications agency preferable
- Excellent proposal writing and financial understanding
- Proven positive new business track record
- Proven self-starter, commercially focused, detail-oriented and highly motivated
- Good understanding surrounding meetings and digital
- Achieve an individual business target set, while having a major focus on the company’s overall target
- Thorough understanding of the commercial drivers of the business and strategic approach to managing client’s business
- Tried and tested approach to new business and a good understanding of the RFI/RFP processes to new business
- Good understanding of pharma procurement and how to navigate the processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Responsible for coordination of sales budgeting with input from Client service team
- Identify potential clients and decision makers within the client organizations
- Cold call within our market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities (with set/agreed metrics)
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Research and build relationships with new prospects and clients
- Execute compelling sales presentations, pitches, proposals and ideas with input from all members of the team (medical/client service/studio/editorial) to ensure proposals are strategic, accurate and achievable
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Consult with customers to fully understand their needs and to explore new opportunities
- Participate in on-site client meetings, medical congresses and industry conferences and exhibitions
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confident and decisive, determined and committed
- Openness to travel worldwide travel
Interested? For more information about the company and this excellent opportunity please get in touch.
Key Words - Tunbridge Wells, Kent, MedComms, medical communications, medical education, MedEd Agency, Healthcare Communications, symposia and advisory boards slide kits, digital, meetings, KOL, scientific, PhD, MSc, BSc, Medical Information, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Healthcare Marketing, Ethical Healthcare, MedComms Agency, MedComs Agency, Medical Education Agency, Science, account director, program director, client services, business development, sales, new business.