Market leader seeks an experienced Aftermarket Buyer to join their busy team, where you will act as the focal point for all matters concerning parts purchasing and stock control for their worldwide aftersales market.
Acting in response to the material demands raised you will be responsible for ensuring you are competitive in the market and be able to react swiftly to customer needs. Strong negotiation and persuasion skills are key to the success of this role. This role would suit those with experience of all aspects of procurement and commodity management gained in the automotive manufacturing industry, including sourcing, commercial negotiation, supplier management and global sourcing with at least 5 years practical experience. Working knowledge of import /export process and procedures is key as is the ability to communicate effectively and articulately at all levels within the business.
Daily Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day commercial negotiation, quotation analysis and supplier management.
- Purchase order management.
- Parts and services order placement
- Expediting to ensure timely delivery and efficient stock utilisation.
- Shortage reporting and resolution / implementation of appropriate recovery plans.
- Stock allocation.
- Liaison with Stores, central Supply Chain, Quality and Accounts business functions.
- Establishing an aftermarket price file with up to date low volume procurement data.
- Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
- Delivering target cost reduction & value improvement opportunities.
- Cost estimating in support of bids & tenders.
- Progress reporting of all work underway.
- Cost saving reporting.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001 and all Environmental, Health and Safety rules and directives.
- Is an individual who is capable of satisfying multiple purchasing demands for off the shelf and bespoke build to print parts.
- Understands the basic automotive techniques related to repair, servicing and support of vehicles.
- Is able to build and maintain strong relationships with both staff and suppliers in addition to an enthusiasm to contribute to all areas of the company when required.
- Can demonstrate success in a similar role.
- Diploma /Technician qualified preferred or equivalent practical experience.
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
- Proven experience within automotive / manufacturing industries.
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Experience of indirect procurement.
- Project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (SAP preferred).
- Skilled in negotiation.
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Candidates must be eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
In return for your skills and experience my client is able to offer a salary up to £35,000 plus pension, 25 days holiday and private medical insurance.
About the company:
My client has been well established for over 60 years in the design and manufacturing industry. They specialise in the build and maintenance of automotive products and services. They are proud of their history, leading the industry with new skills and technologies.
KEYWORDS: BUYER – MANUFACTURING, AFTERMARKET, CIPS, MS APPLICATIONS, MRP, SAP, FULL DRIVING LICENSE, ELIGIBLE FOR UK SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC Level)