As a Buyer the key purpose of the role is to support the materials requirements for my clients vehicle armouring programmes. This will include assessment of technical and commercial requirements, supplier sourcing, competitive tendering, and purchase order management to ensure on-time supply within budgets.
- Direct and Indirect procurement
- Cost estimating in support of bid teams.
- Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
- Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
- Competitive bidding and negotiation.
- Quotation analysis and ordering compliant with Company policy and procedures.
- Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans
- Shortage reporting and resolution.
- Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data and an effective purchase-to-pay process.
- Procurement support to the facilities management team
- Delivery and reporting of cost-savings in support of company objectives.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Occational support for Import Export function
- HND / Degree qualified preferred or equivalent practical experience.
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
- Proven experience within automotive / manufacturing industries.
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (SAP preferred).
- Skilled in negotiation.
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Full driving licence
- Willing to travel in UK as and when required.
About the company:
My client has been well established for over 60 years in the design and manufacturing industry. They specialise in the build and maintenance of automotive products and services. They are proud of their history, leading the industry with new skills and technologies.
KEYWORDS: BUYER – MANUFACTURING, CIPS, MS APPLICATIONS, MRP, SAP, FULL DRIVING LICENSE, ELIGIBLE FOR UK SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC Level)