Please Note - this is a remote based role where you have the opportunity to work around your own schedule to deliver projects.
The purpose of the Computational Biologist is to apply the potential of their current AI methods that auto curates data from any text source. At present they analyse over 35 million text sources which in turn annotates over 6 billion concepts and over 150 million cause and effect events captured in context. This data holds many of the keys needed to move not only discover lifer changing therapies but ensure these are developed into novel drugs. The majority of this data is not available on other databases and offers great potential for solving challenges faced by the companies collaborators. You will work closely with their in house data science & platform team and apply your expertise of biology to solve challenges in target, biomarker, and drug discovery.
Added to this you will contribute to the continued development of their platforms to ensure they remain at the forefront of science and the development of new platforms. This position is more senior within their wider framework which means you will have influence across the company and ability to use your expertise effectively.
For this opportunity you will need to have:
- PhD focused in a relevant area – Computational Biology or natural language processing.
- Commercial experience within Biomarker and / or Drug Discovery
- Ability to code in Python or Java.
- Experience of building, maintaining, and leveraging ontologies and controlled vocabularies.
- Familiarity with using word embeddings, AI & other ML algorithms for Biomarker & Drug Discovery
- Expertise in application of graph theory to solve systems biology challenges.
- Experience of working with a range of databases and data warehouse technologies.
- Experience of horizon scanning to assess and adopt latest methodologies & practices.
Should you be seeking an influential opportunity that not only offers the chance to be at the cutting edge of science and making an impact on the development of new life changing therapies. With the promise of future career development then your application will be very welcome.